With plans for a big July 4th party, I have started pulling out many of my recipes for the event. I am going to start with Cole Slaw which is definitely one of my favorites.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (about 2.5 cups)
- 2 large carrots, shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/4 cup purple lettuce, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small yellow onion, diced fine2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots and stir together. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, vinegar, mustard, celery salt and black pepper into a bowl.
2. Mix well and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tip: can also add 1/2 cup raisins for some more flavor