Today I am eating Tabouli for lunch. I made it this morning and wanted to share the recipe. Tabouli is very healthy since it contains some of the foods we should try and eat every week to stay “heart healthy”. The main ingredients are olive oil, tomatoes and lemon mmmmmm
- 1/2 cup cracked bulgar wheat
- 2 cups water
- 6 small ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion (red or yellow), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Soak bulgur in water for 1 to 2 hours in water until soft.
2. Squeeze out any excess water from bulgur using a strainer.
3. Dice tomatoes, onion, parsley, mint, and cucumber. (Remove seeds from tomatoes.)
4. Place together in a bowl and mix together.
5. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top of salad.
6. Mix well. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4-6