Labneh is a type of yogurt that is thick and concentrated. All of the excess liquid is strained to obtain this texture. Traditionally it is eaten plain, but there are many variations of labneh. The one below has a spicy and nutty feel. Labneh can be substituted for Greek yogurt. It is usually served with pita bread or pita chips.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 bunch green onions
- 16 ounces of labneh
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- olive oil, olives, tomatoes for garnish
2. Add the labneh and all of the spices and mix together well.
3. Spread the dip onto a plate or roll it into a ball. Add the garnish/garnishes of your choice. Olive oil alone is just fine or you can add tomatoes, mint etc