I love hummus, and I love pomegranate. So I wanted to try a new dish….pomegranate hummus. It is a traditional hummus recipe with all the more flavor and healthy benefits. The pomegranate makes for a sweeter hummus taste For all of the health benefits of hummus click here: http://suzyeats.com/all-about-hummus/. For the recipe see below
- 1 pomegranate
- 32 ounces of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cold water
- sumac for garnish (optional)
- olive oil for garnish
1. Soak chickpeas in water over night.
2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add them to a blender (you can save about 20 pieces for garnish later). Add the salt, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and water to the blender as well. Blend.
3. Pour hummus mixture directly onto serving plate.
4. Peel the pomegranate. Add all of the seeds directly into center of hummus spread. (For a mess free way to peel : http://suzyeats.com/a-mess-free-way-to-eat-pomegranate-guaranteed/)
5. Add sumac, olive oil and chickpease for garish and serve.