Mulukhiya Recipe Mediterranean Healthy and Cost EffectiveBeef, Chicken, Lamb, Recipe, Stew, Vegetarian
So the BEARS lost…. there is always next year I guess….but rough game for sure.
So here is a Mulukhiya Recipe. This is more of a healthy recipe as there are many variations. Egyptians make mulukhiya as a separate soup while other Middle Eastern ethnic groups may mix it with meat inside.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think. Remember it will definitely keep you looking and feeling younger and it is very reasonable! The whole meal should cost less than $8 and should feed 4 people.
- 3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, chopped into cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fresh cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 bag of frozen mulukhiya (can be found in ethnic grocery aisle)
- Pour olive oil into large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken cubes, water, lemon juice and bouillon cube.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the frozen mulukhiya to mixture and put heat on low.
- Cook for 2 hours on low.
- Serve with rice or bread.