A traditional Mediterranean Date Nut Bread Recipe for Easter.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour water into saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
4. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
5. Chop the dates.
7. Add the boiling water to the dates and nuts mixture.
8. Grease pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
9. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the date/nut mixture.
10. Mix and pour into the baking pan.
11. Bake for ~50 minutes at 350F.
12. Cool for ~10-20 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over it.